North Highlands, CA | Two people were burned in an intense mobile home fire in North Highlands Tuesday.

Metro firefighters responded to a report of a mobile home fire Monday at the Lamplighter Mobile Home Park in North Highlands. They arrived to find a well involved mobile home. Neighbors stated they couldn’t believe how high the flames were.

Two elderly female occupants were treated for burns and smoke inhalation from the blaze and transported to the hospital via paramedics. The household cat is still missing.

Sac Metro fire believes the fire started from an overloaded power strip in the home. A SMUD worker was near the mobile home when one of the women asked him for a fire extinguisher. In the brief time it took for him to go to his truck and return, flames were already coming out the front door of the mobile home.

Firefighters had to spend some extensive time in overhaul, tearing siding off the home and checking the sub-flooring and roof for spots where fire might have smoldered.

Raw video from fire scene

Support Public Service Journalism

Thanks to Our Sponsors

Learn how you can become a sponsor of Public Safety News. Learn More