Rosemont, Sacramento, CA | Lack of working smoke detectors nearly cost family members their lives in an apartment kitchen fire early Thursday morning.

A kitchen fire breaks out in an apartment with no working smoke detectors. A Marine (just home from Afghanistan), kicks the door in and he and friends attempt rescues. Two occupants (a child and adult) were found unconscious and another child was attempting to break out the back bedroom window to escape.

Listen to Sac Metro Fire Battalion Chief and Marine veteran tell the story

Support Public Service Journalism

Thanks to Our Sponsors

Learn how you can become a sponsor of Public Safety News. Learn More