NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. – A North Highlands mobile home park had to be evacuated Sunday night after a gas leak caused by a structure fire.
Just after 6:35 Sunday night, firefighters responded to a reported mobile home fire at the Lamplighter Mobile Home Park on Jackson Street near Madison Avenue in North Highlands.
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire showing from a mobile home inside the community. Due to the intensity of the fire and the amount of damage already sustained, a defensive operation took place to protect surrounding homes.
The fire was knocked down a short time later. After knock down, firefighters noticed a gas leak. An immediate evacuation of the surrounding homes was done until the gas leak was capped by firefighters and PG&E.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation by the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District.
Support Public Service Journalism
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Learn how you can become a sponsor of Public Safety News. Learn More