Local firefighters battled three major structure fires throughout the Sacramento region Tuesday, claiming one life, injuring others, displacing families, destroying valuables and structures.
10:50 A.M | Sacramento Metro Fire | Apartment Fire
3024 Howe Avenue
Around 10:50 a.m. Tuesday, Sacramento Metro Fire responded to reports of a fire at an apartment complex in the 3000 block of Howe Avenue in the Arden Arcade area of Sacramento County.
Fire crews located the fire in a downstairs unit, which then made its way into the attic space, according to radio traffic. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire.
Residents had to be evacuated, including a pet bunny. No one was injured during the incident.
According to Metro Fire, “The fire was started from plumbers sweating pipes on the 1st floor bathroom. Fire traveled up the wall, spread laterally across the floor joists of the 2nd floor, and up the walls into 2nd-story units. 3 persons are now displaced.
According to solutions.moen.com, "soldering a pipe joint or "sweating a pipe" is accomplished by heating a copper fitting with a propane torch until the fitting is just hot enough to melt metal solder. The heat draws the solder into the gap between the fitting and pipe to form a water-tight seal."
5:26 P.M. | Sacramento Fire Department | Commercial Structure Fire
1715 Del Paso Blvd | So-Cal Speed Shop
Around 5:26 p.m., Sacramento Fire responded to reports of a fire at an auto parts store at 1715 Del Paso Blvd.
When they arrived, they found heavy fire coming from the building and immediately began attacking the flames.
Crews knocked down the fire without much difficulty.
No one was injured in the incident.
9:13 P.M. | Sacramento Fire Department | Residential Structure Fire
7918 Albion Way
Around 9:13 p.m., Sacramento Fire responded to a major fire at a home at 7918 Albion Way.
According to the department, crews arrived to find heavy smoke and fire, with victims trapped inside.
Crews made access inside and pulled the victims from the home.
Unfortunately, one person was found deceased in the fire.
Another victim was transported to the hospital in unknown condition.
Firefighters remained on scene for several hours for overhaul.
Support Public Service Journalism
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Learn how you can become a sponsor of Public Safety News. Learn More