A house fire in Downtown Sacramento sent one person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries today.
Just before 11:25 this morning, Sacramento firefighters were called to the scene of a two-story duplex fire on V Street, near Third Street.
When fire crews arrived, they found the second-story unit of the home on fire. Firefighters were able to get the flames extinguished within a matter of minutes. The first-story unit of the home sustained some damage from the fire.
A fire department spokesperson says a person suffering from either second-degree or third-degree burns was transported to the hospital with life-threatening-injuries. The person was a civilian, not a firefighter.
Fire crews found a honey butane oil lab inside the second-story unit, which required a response from local hazardous materials response teams to clean the lab up. The first-story unit was not involved in the lab.
At the time of posting, fire officials have not made any arrests.
Support Public Service Journalism
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Learn how you can become a sponsor of Public Safety News. Learn More