Sacramento, CA | A dried out Christmas tree goes up in flames Saturday night in an upstairs, occupied apartment leaving three families displaced.

Late Saturday night, Sac Metro and Sac City firefighters were called out to an apartment fire in the Arden Arcade area. When firefighters arrived a second floor apartment was well involved with flames roaring out the front door and windows.

Firefighters made an aggressive attack on the blaze knocking it down very quickly per neighbor Al Gibbs. Per SacMetro Fire, the occupants still had their very dry Christmas tree in the apartment and candle near the tree may have sparked the blaze. All occupants got out of the apartment; one suffered a minor injury.

Battalion Chief Patrick Ellis and Al Gibes tell the story…

Support Public Service Journalism

Thanks to Our Sponsors

Learn how you can become a sponsor of Public Safety News. Learn More