Sacramento, CA | Christmas lights may be to blame for a Citrus Heights house fire Friday evening.
Per Sac Metro Fire, at approximately 10:30PM Friday a fire broke out at home in Citrus Heights. No one was home at the time of the fire; the kids were at the neighbors and the parents came home to find a street packed with fire apparatus, hoses and their home significantly damaged by fire.
Though it had not been confirmed, the fire may have been caused by an overloaded electrical circuit due to Christmas lights.
No one was injured in the blaze and Sac Metro Fire would like to remind folks to use UL approved power strips for your Christmas lights and be sure to turn the lights off when you leave the home.
Support Public Service Journalism
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Learn how you can become a sponsor of Public Safety News. Learn More